Frequently asked questions concerning company registrations
- Come up with at least three (3) exclusive company names for your business.
Why should we have three names?
- For your company name to be used by the Registrar of Companies, it is first checked against a list of already registered companies to consider its exceptionality.
- It is only business names which are not close or similar to registered or already existing companies are the ones which are used.
- If all the company names you submit are not exclusive, the chances are one is required to repeat the process again until you have something exclusive.
- Avoid using abbreviations in choosing the company names
- Take note the company names you choose has an impact when branding your business in the future. Choose wisely.
2. Business physical & postal addresses.
- Providing the place of your business operation for your company is a necessity.
- In case you don’t have any place where you are operating, consider using your residential address temporarily.
3. Director/Shareholder’s information
This information is mainly concerned with the company directors and shareholders
Personal information of directors’, Directors can be two or more (2-50people)
All director/member’s personal information should include:
- First name & last name
- National I.D number
- Residential address
Include also the shareholding percentages that each director holds in the company. It is mainly expressed in % and must equal to hundred (100%) when added.